The Red Rover Mine, one of the oldest mines in Los
Angeles County, was originally a land grant to the Spanish. By 1894, the California State Mining Bureau deemed the Red
Rover the most productive mine in the district.
Henry T. Gage, Governor of California from 1899-1903, once
owned the mine.
mine was once known as the Golden Lady mine, an endearing name for one of
the highest-producing mines ever in Southern California.
In its working days, the
mine had six shafts, varying between 100 and 650 feet deep, most of which
are now filled in.
President Roosevelt shut down mining operations
nationwide at the beginning of World War II.
Red Rover has remained dormant until now.
Now, we have concluded that the price of gold has
made the expected profitability of the mine so profound that the reopening
of the mine can no longer be put off.
The Red Rover Mine is located in Los Angeles County
about 55 miles north of the City of Los Angeles.
The site is approximately four miles northwest of the city of
Acton, less than a mile north of the Antelope Valley Freeway.
The claims cover approximately seventy acres in a developed area of
single-family houses and small ranches.
The site is owned by the United States government and
is managed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (“BLM”).